"Keep the joy of loving God in your heart and share this joy with all you meet especially your family. Be holy – let us pray." ~Mother Teresa
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Grandma Visits
I could write a long essay on how grateful I am to my mom for all she does as a mother and grandmother, but I will try to keep it brief. She is a super support system when I cycle through the phases of motherhood that exist within me and a super Grandma who spoils Monica rotten. To quote Bill Cosby, "that wasn't the same person who raised me." ;o)
My mom came to visit for two weeks and we drug her around to all our social hot spots like the gym, library, mall, church and tea shop. Grandma was under instructions to spoil Monica so she let her dictate the schedule, activities and menu. With Grandma's constant attention Monica now loves to walk while holding onto our fingers, practices standing on her own, goes up and down stairs, babbles with intention quite a bit more and thinks that the person feeding her will just follow her around with food for whenever she wants it. They even have a little hand shake/sign. They touch their fingers together- think ET phone home. It's pretty darn cute. Grandma babysat so that mom and dad could go on several dates and I was also able to have lots of quality time with my mom. Now with Grandma gone, Monica doesn't understand why I don't do everything she wants exactly when she wants it and lets me know she is displeased with a whine/grunt sort of mild fit. Thanks mom.
My mom is the most helpful, patient and selfless person I know. I am so blessed to have her as a mom and for her to be grandma to my daughter. Having her around is like a vacation and I can't wait until we live closer again. Thanks mom for coming to visit and for spoiling all of us rotten!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment