As people discover every season on the Biggest Loser, weight gain and subsequent weight loss is all about what is going on inside. Everyone has struggles and temptations. For me it has been food. It took me a long time to really be honest with myself about that. I simply ate (and sometimes still eat) more than I needed. My weight loss journey has not been with Biggest Loser speed. It has been with a steady determination to not give up and to change long lived habits. I never thought exercise (especially running) would become such an important part of my personal well-being. In the beginning of November I set a goal of loosing 15 pounds by the new year. As with the last goal, I didn't quite make it. I made it just over halfway: 8 pounds lost. The good news is that 8 pounds puts me 20 pounds away from 100 pounds total lost. When I started back in 2005, I set a long term goal of losing 100 pounds. I set the goal before I could even imagine or really believe I could do it. Now it's a reality and I am super excited. I know it will take more discipline and self control (for which I will have to pray to God multiple times a day). My local gym just happens to have a 30 day health challenge with tips and support to stay focused.that starts on January 15. There's also a competition with prizes involved. This might be just what I need to make that push to 100 pounds lost!
So my last push is to lose 20 pounds, however long it takes. No more excuses, no more overeating. Just eating what I need and offering all other temptations for prayer intentions.
| Christmas 2011 |
You are amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you, Annie. Who would have thought that silly lady with present earrings and big hair would make such a difference! Good job, precious one! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great! Just keep it up! I have struggled with a lot of the same issues (esp with food) and I realized that my success came down to my own choices. I couldn't blame my issues on anyone or any circumstance. And once I realized that, and took responsibility for me, it has helped so much. Can't wait until we are in the same location to go on a run together!
ReplyDeleteYay Annie!! Keep it up! It's inspiring to see someone mastering self control and offering up temptations. Hopefully some of your virtue will rub off on me one of these days. :D
ReplyDeleteAmazing Anne - -
ReplyDeleteThe BEST thing you have found out - and I did NOT - is how important your physical health really is to your daily life. I still don't know how you, Kelly and Michelle have become runners!
You have already mastered mental control over food. Now all you have to do is keep it up for the next 70 years!
I joined Weight Watchers because my Dr. said I should have gastric bypass because I was 100 lbs over "ideal" weight. Did not choose that as an option I wanted to take. So I have lost 14 lbs before my surgery Dec 12th. Got a long way to go. If you can do it - so can I?
You have worked SO hard to get here...so proud of you, lady! Keep it up, you can DO this!!
ReplyDelete