Sunday, September 18, 2011

Goal Update

You can't see them them, but my guns are massive.

Yesterday I did another 5K.  This time without a running buddy, but it was in the 50s outside (am I back in WA?) which, I think, made me run faster so I could get out of the cold sooner.  I only ran it 30 seconds faster than last time for a time of 29:20, but it was still an improvement.  On the getting healthy front, I have lost 5lbs since my previous post in August about losing 20lbs before November.  This may make reaching my goal a little harder, but the point of the goal is to keep moving forward (or downward).  As with any self improvement goal, I am getting to the roots of what has been keeping me from being a better person inside and out.  It is the internal growth and constantly (trying) to put my trust and confidence in the Lord that allows me the freedom to not eat more than I need.  "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" ~Matthew 6:26

3 comments: