Saturday, February 26, 2011

Patience is a virtue . . .

. . . I don't have.  I'm just so excited to meet our daughter (a reduction in kicks to the ribs and pelvis would be nice too)!  Isn't it funny that we are rarely content with the present moment?  We are always working toward something or waiting for something to happen.  Working to graduate, working to advance in a job, if you're single you want to be married, once married you want kids, if you have one the question becomes, when are you having another.  Wanting the next thing . . .  Why can't we be content in the moment?  I should be thrilled to lay around, watch movies, read books, play games, and chat on the phone.  I KNOW these are all going to be luxuries that won't be so easy to do once Monica does arrive.  The past couple days I've been contemplating how much of this free time I'm actually wasting.  Instead of focusing on the things of this world, I'm going to try to focus on eternity, contemplating and being with our Lord more.  Working toward our eternal home feels like a better goal than wondering if every random pain is a contraction.  By the way, I said "we" throughout this post in blind hope that others struggle with staying in the moment and not just me.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. What a wise young mother. You're going to be an awesome parent!! Monica is SO lucky!

    ReplyDelete